Issa moves forward with Holder contempt vote
by David Harsanyi
June 19, 2012
|Attorney General Eric Holder|
Darrell Issa , Chairman of The House Oversight Committee, announced that he has decided to move forward with a vote to consider a report holding Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over the Attorney General’s failure to hand over documents related to the “Fast and Furious” investigation. The vote on a resolution is scheduled at 10 a.m. on Wednesday.
Earlier in the day, Issa met with Holder and other top Democrats and Republicans on the Judiciary Committees. In a statement Issa wrote, “Today, the attorney general informed us that the department would not be producing those documents. The only offer they made involved us ending our investigation.”
This, from the Advisory: Oversight Committee to Consider Operation Fast and Furious Contempt Report on June 11:
“While the Justice Department can still stop the process of contempt, this will only occur through the delivery of the post February 4, 2011, documents related to Operation Fast and Furious and whistleblower accusations subpoenaed by the Committee. If the Attorney General decides to produce these subpoenaed documents, I am confident we can reach agreement on other materials and render the process of contempt unnecessary.”
Holder says that Issa rejected “an extraordinary offer” as he has handed over an unprecedented amount of information. “We are involved in political gamesmanship as opposed to trying to get the information,” Holder told reporters last night. Yet, the only excuse offered by the AG for failing to hand over documents sought by Congress seems to be that he’s handed over other documents. Hardly compelling. Issa is especially interested in a Feb. 4, 2011 now-redacted letter from the Department of Justice that stated the department tried to stop guns from ending up in the hands of Mexican criminals.
Read more: http://bit.ly/M3GCuL
Will Obama Admin Leaks Prompt Middle East War?
by Ben Shapiro
June 19, 2012
|Defense Secretary Leon Panetta|
Today, the Obama administration leaker, who has been distributing information about American and Israeli security for weeks, struck again. This time, the leaker went to the Washington Post, prompting the Post to run a piece crediting Israel and the United States with developing the computer virus that screwed up Iran’s nuclear facilities. This is the latest in a long line of leaks, most of them credited to anonymous Defense Department officials; this one was credited, more discreetly, to “Western officials with knowledge of the effort.”
The fact that the Defense Department has been the source of many of the leaks – leaks including information about Israel’s timing regarding a possible attack on Iran, cooperation between Israel and Saudi Arabia for such a strike, and Azerbaijan allowing Israel access to their airbases for such purposes.
There has been widespread speculation about the source of the leaks. Some have suggested that Tom Donilon, President Obama’s National Security Advisor, is the source; today, others suggest that it is Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.
What nobody doubts, however, is that this is purposeful Obama administration policy. All of the leaks are geared toward one purpose and one purpose only: helping the Obama administration undercut Israel’s ability to attack Iran.
But right now, it is only Israel’s ability to attack Iran that keeps the region in stasis. Today, the Russians, Chinese, Syrians and Iranians participated in joint military exercises involving nearly 100,000 troops; meanwhile, the new Muslim Brotherhood-run Egyptian regime is facilitating terror attacks along Israel’s southern border. The big question now is what further leaks could do to trigger a regional meltdown.
Read more: http://bit.ly/MdfqYW
AMERICAN THINKERMaraniss Comes Clean
by Jack Cashill
June 20, 2012
June 20, 2012
|Obama, Sr, Ann Dunham, Obama, Jr|
Yes, finally, an Obama biographer admits what the right side of the blogosphere has known for the last four years, that there was no Obama family, that the president's mother and presumed father never lived together, and that mother and baby "were long gone from Honolulu" within a month of the baby's birth.
Unfortunately, no one bothered to check the record while Obama was basing his persona and his candidacy on the myth of this multicultural romance. This includes Maraniss himself. In a botched 10,000-word Washington Post article published on the eve of the 2008 election, he chose to overlook the fact that Obama created a false narrative for the first two years of his life and then ran for president on that narrative.
He was not alone. Everyone in the respectable media, left and right, did the same. This includes the New Yorker's David Remnick in his 2010 Obama bio, the New York Times's Janny Scott in her 2011 bio of Obama's mother, the Boston Globe's Sally Jacobs in her 2011 bio of Obama's father, and the Times's Jodi Kantor in her 2012 book on the whole extended family.
Worse, conservative writer Dinesh D'Souza based his disingenuous 2010 bestseller, The Roots of Obama's Rage, on a story that had been debunked in the conservative blogosphere as early 2008 and was widely known to be false by 2009.
As is becoming increasingly clear, the rise of Barack Obama represents a journalistic scandal of historic proportion.
Read more: http://bit.ly/M3iPeo